Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Purchase Continued


As I stated in the previous post, I purchased a box of 05-06 UD Hardcourt for 35 bucks on Saturday. Here are the scans from that set. The base cards in this set to me are above average in terms of design. The photography is very clear and the hardcourt background really appeals to me. These are scans of what the base cards look like. With Lebron James's popularity soaring and his recent play, many online shops are selling his base cards for 3-6 bucks, which is pretty crazy.


I pulled two rookie cards from this set: Gerald Green serial # to 1750 and Danny Granger serial # to 1750. These two rookie cards are probably among the best rookie cards I've seen in awhile. It's a matter of personal taste but the hardcourt background gives these cards a simple, clean, and sophisticated image. If I purchased this set two years earlier, the Gerald Green card would have been a hotter commodity. But he is still young and may have a chance to fulfill the potential many people envisioned for him. I was glad to have pulled a Danny Granger rc. He is the best player on the Pacers now since Jermaine O'neal can never seem to stay on the court.


At last, but certainly not least, is the David Lee auto. Although it is a sticker auto, an auto is an auto. This doubles as his rookie card which adds to the value. Lee is a nice player who is a double double machine. Unfortunately, I was unable to pull a memorabilia card that I was suppose to receive from this set. Oh well, better luck next time.

No comments: