Sunday, December 23, 2007

2003-2004 Upper Deck Victory


Today I have scans of the 2003-2004 Upper Deck Victory set. I bought a few packs of it the other day. It's rather cheap, I'm rather cheap, so naturally this was a good fit. The base cards basically indicates why this set was as cheap as it was. UD Victory obviously is not exactly a high end product. Plus this was an old set so that probably influenced the price as well. Personally I like cards that maximizes its space for its action shots. The base cards design limits the space of the pictures and thus it decreases its aesthetics qualities, imho. Nice to see Reggie Miller and Scottie Pippen on the cards. Seeing their base cards kind of gives me a sense of nostalgia since I used to own many of their cards when I was young.


I pulled one insert card from these packs: a Yao Ming Highlight Reels card. I guess this card can be considered as "holographic." Back in the day I remember my friends always would brag about how their Metal Universe cards were holographic. Well guess what, I got a Yao Ming HOLOGRAPHIC!!! WOOO!!! IN YO FACE BIATCHES!!!!(jk) Too bad not many people in China collect basketball cards. The demand for Yao Ming alone would drive the price of his cards up like mad, possibly to Lebron James levels.




The hit of this set is clearly the Lebron James rookie card. I remember seeing this card on beckett a while back. I believe the beckett price at the time was around 5 bucks. That isn't much but hey, its a Lebron James rookie card. Now I can walk around and brag about how I have a Lebron James rookie card. Like I said before, you can never go wrong with a Lebron James card, let alone a rookie card. Also, like the Yao Ming insert, this card is HOLOGRAPHIC!! BOO YA!!!(sarcasm)

No comments: