Saturday, December 29, 2007

2006-2007 Fleer Ultra


A few days ago I bought 3 packs of Fleer Ultra. I didn't have time to post this up earlier because I was caught up with some personal business. The base cards in this set are pretty decent. Like some other sets, the Fleer Ultra base cards have different card versions(ie. silver, gold, bronze, platinum, etc...). Fleer Ultra calls their different versions of the same card "fill in color" medallions. I pulled an Alonzo Mourning Gold Medallion base and a Chris Kaman Platinum Medallion base. Zo was injured a few games ago and that may have been the last game of his career. Gold Medallion cards are not numbered. Chris Kamans's card is numbered to 100. Kaman is playing like an all-star this year. We'll just have to wait and see if he can keep up this production throughout the year, especially when Elton Brand returns.


There is an insert card in this set called Lucky 14. In all honesty I have no clue what the point of this insert is. I don't even know where they got the name Lucky 14 from. But, the insert I pulled was Deron Williams, one of the top 5 pgs in the game today. It was a Platinum Medallion, therefore it is numbered to 100. Being that the card is Deron Williams, a Lucky 14 insert, and a Platinum Medallion numbered to 100, this wasn't a bad pull considering I only bought 3 packs.



I pulled two rookie cards from this set. The rookie cards I pulled are James Augustine and Quincy Douby. James Augustine was a Gold Medallion while Quincy Douby's card is just a regular rookie card. Fleer Ultra called their rookie cards World Premier. So far this year I have not heard James Augustine's name at all. I don't know if he is in the NBA anymore. Quincy Douby is currently still with the Sacramento Kings. He's a decent player that happens to play in a team that has plenty of guards. Thus, he has not been able to get a whole lot of playing time.


You know pulling an auto after buying just 3 packs is pretty damn sweet. That was exactly what I did with my three Fleer Ultra packs. Bowen is obviously known as one of the best defenders in the league. Players such as Kobe Bryant often call Bowen the best defender in the game today. However, many fans and some players such as Amare Stoudemire consider him to be one of the dirtiest players in the game. Whichever the case may be, the fact of the matter is that he is an alumni of my school, California State University, Fullerton. Because of that, I will more that gladly support him on the court, except when the Spurs play the Lakers.


As I said before, it is pretty damn awesome when you pull an auto when you only bought three packs. But it is even more awesome when along with that auto you also pull a jersey, let alone a dual jersey, let alone a Vince Carter/Tracy Mcgrady dual jersey, let alone having it being numbered to 100. When I pulled this card, I thought today must be my lucky day. I ran(actually I drove) to the local gas station to buy some lotto tickets. Unfortunately, my luck ran out after I ripped my packs open. So clearly, the hit of these packs is this Vince Carter/Tracy Mcgrady dual jersey numbered to 100.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lucky 14 is mean the lottery pick in the NBA draft. So only players drafted in top 14 pick will print in Lucky 14 rookie card version as your deron williams version. Nice hit with only 3 packs!!!