Monday, May 26, 2008

Who's Your Fave 5?

So, everyone's been telling the world who their fave 5s are on television. I figured I might as well join the fray. These are my fave 5 cards that I currently have in my possesion.

5.
Number 5 would be my Gilbert Arenas Rookie Debut Game Used Jersey. I like the background design of the card, particularly the wooden court floor. The design gives the card a classic feel to it. Plus, Arenas is one of my favorite players in the league, but thats another fave 5 for another day.

4.
Of all the player autos I have, Rudy Gay is probably the most prominent player. Gay just finished off a stellar sophmore season and is heading towards a career as a perennial all-star caliber player. Look for him to have a strong season next year for the Grizzlies.

3.
This is the only auto I have that is not autographed on a sticker. Hopefully Solomon Jones will receive more playing time next year. I believe that he is a fairly capable center. In my opinion he is certainly better than Zaza Pachulia.

2.
This UD Hardcourt auto of David Lee was the first auto I pulled since I restarted this hobby. The fact that this doubles as a rookie card makes the card even more appealing. With new run and gun coach Mike D'Antoni at the helm, Lee should be able to get plenty of tranistion buckets and rebounds. I think he could function as a poor man's Shawn Marion.

1.
My favorite card in my collection is the 2006-07 Fleer Ultra Dual Game Used Jersey of Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter. There are several reasons why I like this card. First, it has game used jerseys of two of the top swingmen in the league. Second, the card is serial numbered to 100, which is pretty decent. Last but not least, I pulled this card after purchasing just 3 packs of Fleer Ultra, making this card that much sweeter.

1 comment:

JWei said...

Hey, thanks for the comments! I like your Solomon Jones on-card auto. I think those rookie photo shoot cards only fall 1 or 2 per case, so that's a great pull. Keep up the pack/box breaks!